Bounded by the Delaware River to the south and east and Neshaminy Creek to the west, Bristol Township extends approximately four miles northeast of Philadelphia and surrounds Bristol Borough, a tucked away waterfront enclave on the banks of the Delaware River. Originally named Buckingham, it was renamed to Bristol Township in 1702 and served as a riverside town. Today the preserved elements of the shipyard, and other buildings once important in Bristol’s past service are enshrined in the Bristol Historic District, Bristol Industrial Historic District, and tourism sites celebrating the town’s history and rich ethnic diversity. Various annual festivals, in particular, keep a
multi-ethnic cultural identity alive and well.
Beyond its historical attractions, Bristol offers entertainment, shopping, and dining venues along its main commercial corridor. Its main retail center, Bristol Commerce Park, offers various options for shopping and eating including restaurants like Hibachi Grill, La Mexicana, and the Original Golden Eagle Diner.
Bristol offers convenient access to major transportation routes in the area, including Interstate 95, the Pennsylvania Turnpike