Greysteel is seeking a Research Intern (Full or Part-Time) to join its multifamily and retail investment sales teams. The successful candidate will play a key role supporting complex real estate transactions and market research as a member of one of the most active multifamily and retail transaction teams. Responsibilities will include ownership and property research in addition to asset valuation, financial underwriting, creation of market positioning analysis, preparation of offering materials, market and submarket research and deal execution. The position offers the successful candidate an opportunity to assume immediate responsibility and accelerated professional growth as a member of a close-knit, dynamic team. *Please note, the internship is unpaid*
Researching submarkets and property locations.
- Completing write-ups on properties, submarkets, and locations for individual property marketing materials.
- Aiding in the development of rent and sales comparables.
- Generating investment highlights for various markets and sub-market territory.
- Research economic, demographic and other relative metrics for specific geographic markets.
- Support financial analysis, underwriting of commercial investment properties.
- Reviewing land, tax and other real estate documentation.
Experience with real estate transactional, capital markets, or real estate investment banking a strong plus.
Strong analytical and finance-modeling skills, with background in financial modeling using Excel and other industry standard software.
- An understanding of multifamily real estate valuation methodologies and applications. Ability to analyze and communicate key financial and related information.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work effectively both with individuals and a team.
- Currently studying or recently obtained a Bachelor’s or post-graduate degree in finance, real estate finance, or related discipline is preferred.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks, prioritize, and meet deadlines is essential.
- Ability to take ownership of and accountability for projects/tasks.
- Superior attention-to-detail.