Bushwick, NY Redevelopment
Critical Proposed Zoning Changes:
- Wyckoff Avenue and Myrtle Avenue will be ‘upzoned’ to R6A zoning to allow for taller buildings. The FAR would increase from 2.2 to 3, meaning residential buildings could be built 35% taller than is allowed today.
- Don’t increase the number of total potential units in Bushwick greater than it would be under current zoning
- Increase the number of affordable housing units
- Don’t convert Manufacturing zoning into residential
- Keep neighborhood consistent, avoid out of context building
- Improve circumstances for business owners
- The Proposed Zoning Plan was unveiled and submitted to the City in September 2018. It will be reviewed and an updated plan from the City will be released in mid-2019. From there, the plan will have to undergo an environmental review and finally go through the ULURP process in order to be passed.
Source: Bushwick Community Plan – Bushwick Re-Zoning Plan (Pages 25-35)
Senior Investment Associate